MEMPHIS HOLIDAY SHOPPING SPREE GIVEAWAY
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Holiday Shopping Spree Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of Tennessee who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of the Commercial Appeal, (“Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., TeleReach Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 7:00 a.m. (E.T.) Wednesday, November 9, 2016 and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) Sunday, November 20, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Entry Period will be from 7 a.m. (E.T.) Wednesday, November 9, 2016 until 7:00 p.m. Sunday, November 20, 2016. To be eligible, all entries must be received before 7:01 p.m. on Sunday, November 20, 2016. Only one entry per household.
Phone Entry: During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, enter by calling one of the News Sentinel’s official entry lines (1-844-562-3428), (1-844-562-3426), (1-844-210-5829), (1-844-210-5825), between the hours of 7AM to 7PM Sunday – Saturday and completing all of the required information and following all instructions. All calls will receive a promotional offer from the Sponsor, no purchase necessary to win.
Maximum of one (1) entry per household. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted shall be determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection. On or about Monday, November 21, 2016 one (1) Grand Prize Winner, will be selected in random drawings from among all eligible entries received in the market.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will each receive a $500 Walmart gift card (ARV: $500 per prize) (Total ARV of all prizes: $500). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received in the market.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about Monday, November 21, 2016 at the telephone number provided by the winner at the time of entry. Sponsor will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries from the market. To claim prize, winner must pick up the prize at the offices of The News Sentinel between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday no later than Friday, December 9, 2016. Valid photo identification will be required. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to complete, sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes won and not claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The Holiday Shopping Spree Giveaway is sponsored by the Commercial Appeal. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after Friday, December 9, 2016), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winner’s List, Holiday Shopping Spree Giveaway, c/o Keith Powers, The Commercial Appeal, 495 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38103. If you have any questions regarding this Giveaway, please contact Keith Powers 901-529-2239 or email at Keith.Powers@commercialappeal.com.